Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Blogs and Blogging - This is a webring by and for bloggers. Sites include actual weblogs/blogs/journals, and also meta-blogging sites offerin

Forums     Login   Signup

Blogs and Blogging

Manager: alicorna
This is a webring by and for bloggers. Sites include actual weblogs/blogs/journals, and also meta-blogging sites offering information about blogging (how to get started, tips and tricks, and so on).

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Tori Amos - 10/09/2012
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-1pRFTsKK85k/UHRtEZ1irHI/AAAAAAAAA8s/9HG3se31lbU/s1600/kate_box.jpg

Precious Thing - After the recent release of Tori Amos' latest album Gold Dust , it occurred to me to post a piece about how I discovered her music. I write this ten years ago - how time flies! Don't give me a piece of your preciousness: How a Kate Bush Fan Finally Came Round One thing about being a Kate Bush fan is that everyone assumes you must also like Tori Amos. People are always trying to get you listening to her, to convert you. Let's face it, they are pretty similar: single waifish females writing, producing and performing their own music characterised by shimmering piano sequences and multiple-octave vocals; shaking their long tresses and bizarrely mis-pronouncing words. They are even similar lyrically: "She's addicted to nicotine patches," sings Tori ( Spark ), "Keep breathing, breathing her nicotine," gasps Kate ( Breathing ); "Get out of my garden!" orders Tori ( Datura ), "Get out of my house!" yells Kate ( Get Out of my House ). They also...

Tori Amos

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy