Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Blogs and Blogging - This is a webring by and for bloggers. Sites include actual weblogs/blogs/journals, and also meta-blogging sites offerin

Forums     Login   Signup

Blogs and Blogging

Manager: alicorna
This is a webring by and for bloggers. Sites include actual weblogs/blogs/journals, and also meta-blogging sites offering information about blogging (how to get started, tips and tricks, and so on).

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Art Throb 15: Northumberlandia, the Lady of the North, by Charles Jencks (2012) - 09/03/2012
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-mZiShOLRLLg/UETixYVT_gI/AAAAAAAAA08/GTW0FnF-Cwg/s640/northumberlandia_2.jpg

Northumberlandia (completed 2012), by Charles Jencks 34 metres high x 400 metres long Near Cramlington, Northumberland   Driving north from Plymouth there's a hill which Husband always says looks like the breast of a woman lying on her back. It always makes me think of the old idea that the hills and rolls of the landscape are actually the bodies of sleeping giants which will one day rise again. For me,  Northumberlandia  encapsulates that idea, and more. I saw her on the BBC Breakfast programme this morning, and she instantly evoked a number of things - mother nature, Peruvian Nazca lines, the Cerne Abbas man, the Green Man, green goddesses, fertility symbols and the garden goddess sculptures at the Lost Gardens of Heligan , to name but a few... I wanted to find out more. Typing "Northumberlandia" into Google, I saw "Northumberlandia slag Alice" come up:  trust the Daily Mail  to be so...

Art Throb 15: Northumberlandia, the Lady of the North, by Charles Jencks (2012)

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy