Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Blogs and Blogging - This is a webring by and for bloggers. Sites include actual weblogs/blogs/journals, and also meta-blogging sites offerin

Forums     Login   Signup

Blogs and Blogging

Manager: alicorna
This is a webring by and for bloggers. Sites include actual weblogs/blogs/journals, and also meta-blogging sites offering information about blogging (how to get started, tips and tricks, and so on).

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

I am no longer afraid of spiders - 08/30/2012
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-zC_Y-_M1Ed4/UD-YbCVfRZI/AAAAAAAAA0U/pMDp6ZSGl2w/s200/spider.jpg

In a recent episode of Would I Lie to You Rob Brydon joked that the best way to deal with a spider is with a glass and piece of cardboard: you put the cardboard over the spider and bash it to death with the glass. Cue massive hilarity all round. Except I wasn't laughing. I know it was a joke but it actually made me feel really sad, partly because I used to feel that way about spiders myself. I didn't mind tiny money spiders but if one which was any bigger than that ever came near me I'd scream and shout for the nearest man to remove it by any means possible. I'm also guilty of having killed my own fair share of spiders through the years, usually with a vacuum cleaner, and without a nano-second's thought. As far as I was concerned spiders were nasty creatures which needed to be eradicated from the face of the earth, that they somehow didn't deserve a place on it. Or at least a place in the same room as me. I'd pref...

I am no longer afraid of spiders

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy