Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Artist's Blogs Webring - Are you a creative person? Then you are an artist! This ring is for artistic webloggers who want to share their thoughts

Forums     Login   Signup

Artist's Blogs Webring

Manager: wittfoto
Are you a creative person? Then you are an artist! This ring is for artistic webloggers who want to share their thoughts, feelings, creative works with others. If you're a visual artist, musician, creative writer, or just want to share your artistic aspirations, JOIN THIS RING!

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

WireWork Earrings - 08/16/2013
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-HhgdrHiO2Cg/Ug08QT-qctI/AAAAAAAAAnA/XJ5NIOl_CDk/s320/Wire_work_Spiral_earrings_001.JPG

I got this custom order to make just wire worked jewelry, with no embellishments... I was asked to use only wire. So I was just trying out different things and it stuck me, that coils, when twisted and shaped, would look give a new dimension to the technique. Anyway , I had this metal file that had three sides, so if I decided to make my coils on that instead of a regular cylindrical shape, just to make it yet more different. I used 20 gauge copper wire to make the coils. Then I tapered one end to which I was going to add handmade ear hooks. But as I was about to loop the end, it just seemed to have enough left over to shape ear hooks, with the same wire , without cutting!! I just tried to see how it looked, and it looked great ! I also twisted it a bit to mimic a fluid look.. Here they are ..hand coiled, copper wire earrings from a single piece of wire.!

WireWork Earrings

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy