Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Artist's Blogs Webring - Are you a creative person? Then you are an artist! This ring is for artistic webloggers who want to share their thoughts

Forums     Login   Signup

Artist's Blogs Webring

Manager: wittfoto
Are you a creative person? Then you are an artist! This ring is for artistic webloggers who want to share their thoughts, feelings, creative works with others. If you're a visual artist, musician, creative writer, or just want to share your artistic aspirations, JOIN THIS RING!

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Singers and Songwriters are Canaries in the Gold Mine - 06/30/2013
https://www.assoc-amazon.com/e/ir?t=rereadablebooksr&l=ur2&o=1

What do Harlequin (Publishing) and Pandora (music streaming) have in common? For one thing, in my opinion, they are both major businesses attempting to screw content creators any way they can, using ruthless (as it seems to me) legal manoeuvres to change laws and find loopholes in contracts so that they pay less and pocket more. I think, but I often feel that I am nearly alone in my suspicions, that the almost universal acceptance of copyright infringement, and the attempts by powerful lobbies to make online "looting" legal, is going to result in more and more big businesses trying to find ways to exploit content creators. It is not going to stop with the "free music" movement. Music is a shot across the bows for authors. Moreover, the liberal Media is mostly on the side of Big Business. How ironic. The ignorance of the media is absolutely gobsmacking. For instance, one article stated  "this is a choice about how America wants to subsidize its musicians and other artists." Word to the wise, America does not "subsidize" musicians and authors and artists. Musicians, and authors, and artists, and other creators are paid royalties, which are a fraction of the profits made on legal sales or licensed rights of copies of their creations. If their good stuff is not paid for, they don't get paid. For The Trichordist's perspective on Pandora, look here: http://thetrichordist.com/2013/06/28/artists-speak-out-on-pandoras-proposed-royalty-rate-cuts/ Streaming music is likely to be a ...

Singers and Songwriters are Canaries in the Gold Mine

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy