Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Artist's Blogs Webring - Are you a creative person? Then you are an artist! This ring is for artistic webloggers who want to share their thoughts

Forums     Login   Signup

Artist's Blogs Webring

Manager: wittfoto
Are you a creative person? Then you are an artist! This ring is for artistic webloggers who want to share their thoughts, feelings, creative works with others. If you're a visual artist, musician, creative writer, or just want to share your artistic aspirations, JOIN THIS RING!

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Acquiring New Techniques Part 1: Pun Writing by Jacqueline Lichtenberg - 06/18/2013
https://www.assoc-amazon.com/e/ir?t=rereadablebooksr&l=ur2&o=1

Acquiring New Techniques Part 1: Pun Writing  by Jacqueline Lichtenberg Most people come by the ability to create puns naturally. I never did.  Sometimes they just pop out of my mouth, but I can't do it on purpose, though I do admire those who spin them off. You would think after so many years as a writer of fiction and non-fiction, there would be nothing left for me to learn.  Not so.  There are lots and lots of techniques I have never attempted.  So when presented with a prime example of a technique I've never mastered, in a form that allows the bare bones of the technique to show through, and written by someone I'm communicating with on the social networks, I just can't resist trying to learn how it's done.  So when I got caught up in reading the STEN SERIES, that I've discussed in some depth here because it represents a type of work there is a huge and growing market for, I just had to try to figure out how these jokes were constructed. Here are some posts about Allan Cole, his career, why he's important to YOU as a writer of Romance, or Science Fiction Romance (you really wouldn't expect this material to be key to ROMANCE, but it is), and something you can learn about plotting from these novels.  In fact, you can learn a lot by studying the Sten Series about breaking "the rules" and getting away with it -- or ending up making a new rule other writers then must follow because it sells like crazy when you do! http://aliendjinnromances.blo...

Acquiring New Techniques Part 1: Pun Writing by Jacqueline Lichtenberg

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy