Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Artist's Blogs Webring - Are you a creative person? Then you are an artist! This ring is for artistic webloggers who want to share their thoughts

Forums     Login   Signup

Artist's Blogs Webring

Manager: wittfoto
Are you a creative person? Then you are an artist! This ring is for artistic webloggers who want to share their thoughts, feelings, creative works with others. If you're a visual artist, musician, creative writer, or just want to share your artistic aspirations, JOIN THIS RING!

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Suggestions From Author X For Copyright Reform - 06/12/2013
https://www.assoc-amazon.com/e/ir?t=rereadablebooksr&l=ur2&o=1

These suggestions are not mine, but I have permission to share them. 1. I have to provide a name, email, address, and phone number with every DMCA I issue to ask for my work to be taken down. Proposal: Require every site to mandate every uploader provide the same information, publicly available.  2. I have to prove that my work is mine, by providing where it can be found, the ISBN, and, in some cases, my publisher' s information. Proposal: Have every site mandate that every uploader provide the same information, as well as the same clause I must sign that states I realize I may be subject to the penalties of perjury if I lie.  3. Require that every "forum" make searches visible to everyone, including links where authors might remove their work. That will make tehparadox.com, viprasys.org, dpgroup.org and other sites easier for authors to search. 4. Require that every site offer an "opt-out" clause to authors. Those who choose to be pirated, under the mistaken assumption it boosts their sales, can be pirated. The rest of us can opt out. 5. Require that every site offer a "three strikes you're out" policy to uploaders. If you've had a DMCA filed against you three times by the same author, you're banned. (That will clue some uploaders in that some authors don't want to be pirated.)  Go after the uploaders.  You've got a mixed bag with downloaders, and many of them wouldn't pirate if their ready source dried up.  Hit the source. Hit the uploaders.   ...

Suggestions From Author X For Copyright Reform

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy