Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Artist's Blogs Webring - Are you a creative person? Then you are an artist! This ring is for artistic webloggers who want to share their thoughts

Forums     Login   Signup

Artist's Blogs Webring

Manager: wittfoto
Are you a creative person? Then you are an artist! This ring is for artistic webloggers who want to share their thoughts, feelings, creative works with others. If you're a visual artist, musician, creative writer, or just want to share your artistic aspirations, JOIN THIS RING!

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 3 of 3
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Inspiration Avenue Challenge - 04/19/2013
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0DEY59ks1Sw/UXHMt1jbLAI/AAAAAAAAAKw/ijk7lMUyPUA/s320/001.JPG

This was a fun piece to do. It is my posting for Inspiration Avenue  Challenge. The theme was blossom. This is done on a 12x12 canvas with acrylic paints. The background is a base coat of Cobalt blue, highlighted with violet, white, ultramarine blue and lemon yellow. The blossoms are violet and white added to make the lighter highlights. This has dual inspiration for me, the challenge was one but I have done this for my mother as a Mother's Day gift.

Inspiration Avenue Challenge

Replied - 05/07/2013
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-wuOv5lqK-yM/UYkjXrhwMTI/AAAAAAAAAMU/WSnsQjfvcAk/s320/033.JPG

The theme this week for Inspiration Avenue was High Heels. I used scrapbook pearlescent page for background. Then cut two strips from a different sheet to put on each side to add some color. This was a fun piece, it reminded me of when I was young in the paper doll era. I drew the dresses, then cut them out of cardstock and glue them on. One is colored with marker. Then there are the heels done in marker to match your outfits together. Writing is done with Zigzag Memory system pens. Lastly it was sprayed with gloss Mod-Podge to seal. This was all great and good, I liked the results of this piece, but turned around and missed the posting deadline. Oh well I still enjoyed working on the page. Off to work on some other challenges and hoping not to miss anymore posting deadlines. Have a blessed day.

Replied - 06/01/2013
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-fs_IwiywebY/UapkdH5FgaI/AAAAAAAAARU/RlIWJDAiFPE/s320/002.JPG

Wow this month zoomed by, all ready June 1. The theme for Inspiration Avenue Challenge was " What Memorial Day means to you". It kind of amazes me that a lot of people don't know the difference between Veterans Day and Memorial Day. My son in law had people telling him thanks for fighting for our country, and his reply was I think I am still alive. Anyway I has a favorite nephew who did three tours in Iraq scaring me like crazy for everyone of them. Some of his buddies, comrades, and superiors were killed and this is difficult for him. So needless to say the fallen soldiers mean a lot to me. This is my piece this challenge indicating Memorial Day is for the fallen not the living. It is really sad, the one collage shows one man in the military cemetery on Memorial Day. Hope you all have a great weekend and can't wait to see other participants pieces. Here is the link back. here

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy