Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Artist's Blogs Webring - Are you a creative person? Then you are an artist! This ring is for artistic webloggers who want to share their thoughts

Forums     Login   Signup

Artist's Blogs Webring

Manager: wittfoto
Are you a creative person? Then you are an artist! This ring is for artistic webloggers who want to share their thoughts, feelings, creative works with others. If you're a visual artist, musician, creative writer, or just want to share your artistic aspirations, JOIN THIS RING!

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Theme-Plot Integration Part 8 - Use of Co-incidence in Plotting - 05/14/2013
https://www.assoc-amazon.com/e/ir?t=rereadablebooksr&l=ur2&o=1

The posts with "Integration" of two skills in the title are "advanced" discussions. Here's the index to the previous 7 parts in this series.  http://aliendjinnromances.blogspot.com/2013/05/index-to-theme-plot-integration.html Now we'll tackle the entire STEN SERIES by Chris Bunch and Allan Cole.  It is not Romance, so we can be more objective about the story and how it's constructed.  To do the kind of study I intend to show you how to do with a Romance genre novel would be impossible.  You'd get too caught up in the particular dimensions that we resonate to and not be able to discern the structural bones behind those dimensions.  For a while now, I've been searching for an example I could use to illustrate the techniques that create widely selling, big hits, that are not shallow.  You see the kind of book I'm talking about in Regency Romance where an entire world of technology and psychology cradles a story which is deceptively simple on the surface, unutterably profound within.  But readers who dislike Romance don't see the profound depths. There's something of the same effect in action-based Science Fiction.  Readers who dislike "science" often don't see the profound depths in an action galactic-war novel.  But sometimes it is those invisible depths that produce the gigantic, explosive, (bewildering to the publisher) sales track record of a series.  And oddly enough there are some techniques that power action/military Scien...

Theme-Plot Integration Part 8 - Use of Co-incidence in Plotting

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy