Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Artist's Blogs Webring - Are you a creative person? Then you are an artist! This ring is for artistic webloggers who want to share their thoughts

Forums     Login   Signup

Artist's Blogs Webring

Manager: wittfoto
Are you a creative person? Then you are an artist! This ring is for artistic webloggers who want to share their thoughts, feelings, creative works with others. If you're a visual artist, musician, creative writer, or just want to share your artistic aspirations, JOIN THIS RING!

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Targeting a Readership Part 7: Guest Post by Valerie Valdes - 04/30/2013
Last week we explored genre and archetypes with respect to Science Fiction Romance targeting a specific type of reader. http://aliendjinnromances.blogspot.com/2013/04/targeting-readership-part-6.html That post has links to previous posts in the Targeting A Readership series.  On a #scifichat one Friday, Valerie Valdes and I had a brief exchange like so: JLichtenberg : To be a good springboard for a story, a science doesn't have to be "hard," just well known among intended readership #scifichat 12:32pm, Feb 22 from TweetChat valerievaldes valerievaldes: @JLichtenberg I'd go so far as to coin a phrase and maybe call it an intentioned reader? You create interest, I create intent. #scifichat 12:35pm, Feb 22 from Web JLichtenberg JLichtenberg: @valerievaldes #scifichat I love that - "intentioned reader" - write a guest post on it for http://t.co/YR5WzTuuLF ? So she wrote the following for us to ponder.   She had not seen last week's post and I hadn't mentioned the post I was discussing last week in my post.  This came out of the blue while #scifichat was discussing a definition for sociological science fiction.  -------GUEST POST--------- A lot of writers worry about reaching a particular, intended audience with a work that may require specialized knowledge to be fully appreciated. We walk a fine line between trying to appeal to people who aren’t avid followers of the latest news in scientific advancements, or scholars of medieval animal husbandry, or wh...

Targeting a Readership Part 7: Guest Post by Valerie Valdes

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy