Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Artist's Blogs Webring - Are you a creative person? Then you are an artist! This ring is for artistic webloggers who want to share their thoughts

Forums     Login   Signup

Artist's Blogs Webring

Manager: wittfoto
Are you a creative person? Then you are an artist! This ring is for artistic webloggers who want to share their thoughts, feelings, creative works with others. If you're a visual artist, musician, creative writer, or just want to share your artistic aspirations, JOIN THIS RING!

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Coloring Cold Porcelain - Country Style... - 03/23/2013
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ftXZe0Oyv-U/UUxJ4Gf7nLI/AAAAAAAAAWg/dUY2ujfnBLE/s320/key_chain_fin_002.JPG

I have been fascinated by the Spanish style of painting cold porcelain in earthy tones and then giving them a matte finish... I have yet to find a varnish that gives a true matte finish, in India. But I decided that I would not wait any more to try out the country style of painting... It uses a lot of orange, yellows, burnt umber, and any brightness is toned down, maybe by a touch of brown ..to give it a lovely and earthy look... I just Love that .. So I tried it on a small key chain I made... A very simple flower, and a Vine going around a heart-shaped mirror, a few leaves and a miniature snail, measuring just 8 mm across..!! All done in muted colors, with a touch of  brown, to highlight the 'country' tone. I did use, the normal varnish, but I still think the country style is evident. ... A close-up of the flower and snail....

Coloring Cold Porcelain - Country Style...

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy